October 28, 2021
Where are we now? How do different advocacy fields (climate change, refugees, foreign relations, etc.) interact when it comes to climate displaced people? What are the next steps for advocacy around climate displacement? In this session, we will discuss how best to advocate for climate displaced persons.
Moderated by U.S. Immigration Policy Center (USIPC) Director Tom K. Wong, this panel includes experts in the law, politics, policy, and advocacy surrounding climate displaced persons:
- Jonathan Martinez, Legislative Director for Rep. Nydia Velázquez (D-NY-7)
- Hiroshi Motomura, Susan Westerberg Prager Distinguished Professor of Law, UCLA School of Law
- Bill Ong Hing, Professor of Law and Migration Studies, University of San Francisco
- Kayly Ober, Senior Advocate and Program Manager, Climate Displacement Program, Refugees International
- Ama Francis, Climate Displacement Project Strategist, International Refugee Assistance Project