This event was hosted on November 14, 2022.
In this installment of the Future of the Past Webinar Series from the Organization of American Historians, contributors from the Journal of American History special issue on immigration (September 2022) discussed what the history of immigration restriction tells us about today’s debates about immigrants. This event was co-sponsored by the University of Minnesota Immigration History Research Center. To learn more about the special issue and read both the introductory and concluding essays, click here.
Co-editors Maddalena Marinari, Gustavus Adolphus College, and Erika Lee, University of Minnesota
- Ashley Johnson Bavery, Eastern Michigan University
- Kevin Kenny, New York University
- Carl D. Lindskoog, Raritan Valley Community College
- Mireya Loza, Georgetown University
- Yael Schacher, Refugees International
The Future of the Past Webinar Series is made possible by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities.