This piece originally aired on 90.9 KRCL on May 17, 2021.
- Click here to read a letter from Utah Gov. Spencer Cox declining, politely, to put critical race theory and second amendment sanctuary bills on a Special Session agenda for Wednesday
- Click here for the Utah Legislature’s meeting calendar
- Click here for agendas
- Click here for a tutorial on how to access or participate in a legislative meeting online
- Click here to stream live audio
Local Voices: 20 Years of Equality Utah is now on display along Broadway between 200 West to 200 East through the end of June. RadioACTive talked with Craft Lake City’s Angela Brown and Equality Utah’s Troy Williams about the 10 dynamic street signs highlighting important moments from the EU’s advocacy work championing diversity, inclusion and belonging in Utah. Local Voices is an installation series supported by Craft Lake City, The Temporary Museum of Permanent Change and The Center for the Living City.
- May 19: Lunch & Learn: 20 Years of Equality Utah, 12:00-1:00 p.m. online. Event by Craft Lake City: “In this public online event, Craft Lake City team members will chat with Equality Utah to discuss their work featured in the current Local Voices installation on view in downtown Salt Lake City. Attendees will be invited to share their thoughts and ask questions.” To register for this virtual event, click here. at https://form.jotform.com/211245669792162
RadioACTive Community Co-Host Nick Burns spoke with Salt Lake native Sadie Hoagland about her new book, Strange Children, which debuts tomorrow. Click here to sign up for a virtual launch with The King’s English Bookshop.
RadioACTive Host Lara Jones spoke with Yael Schacher of Refugees International about her latest report, “Addressing the Legacy of Expedited Removal: Border Procedures and Alternatives for Reform.” To learn more about Refugees International’s petition telling President Biden to say loud and clear: #WeCanWelcome people seeking asylum, click here.
Views, thoughts or opinions shared by guests are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of the board, staff or members of Listeners’ Community Radio of Utah, 90.9fm KRCL. Tonight’s show was produced and hosted by Lara Jones.